TRM is looking for telecommunication professionals, experienced in Distributed Antenna Systems, located in the Central to West PA, New York, and New Jersey. We are a high-growth convergent infrastructure & services company. We continue to expand our team of well-respected individuals that are interested in contributing their skills and vision to our team-oriented organization. Experience with the installation and testing of DAS network infrastructure components and team leadership are required. The selected individual would work with an existing team of project managers and technicians to provide services to clients in the Eastern United States.
This is a unique opportunity that will work in tangent with our DAS CM to service the Pennsylvania, New jersey and New York markets. This position is going to be entirely working remote and on the road.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead crews or operates independently in the installation of DAS infrastructure.
- Installs active components, fiber optic cabling, connectors, antennas, and couplers in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards.
- Adheres to and stays up to date with industry safety standards.
- Position requires the ability to travel 50% or more in markets ranging from BAWA to NE.
- Ability to work flexible hours including night depending on customer and business needs.
- Approaches problems in a proactive manner interfacing with home office engineering for solutions.
- Schedule and coordinate with supervisor setting priorities to meet milestones.
- Proficient in Sweep, PIM, and Fiber testing.
- Conduct inspection of field work, perform walk downs, develop punch lists, update drawing to reflect as-built conditions.
- Foresee and explain issues to team members in a productive manner to promote teamwork and positive collaboration.
- Proactive communication reporting any issues to management that may impact project schedule or program plan.
- Weekly communication and reporting to management.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to perform each the requirements listed below, which are representative but not a complete list, of the abilities, skills, and knowledge required:
- Complete execution and possession of:
- Sweep Testing & Certification
- PIM Testing & Certification
- Fiber Testing & Certification
- DAS Head end cabinet/Rack wiring
- DC Power/Power Plants (Emerson, Alpha, etc.)
- Commscope ION M/B/U, Corning Mobile Access, Corning One, TEKO/JMA, RCDD, PMP, and CWNP certifications is a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience installing & managing DAS systems.
- Working knowledge of current DAS technologies and testing standards.
- Experience Commissioning, Optimizing & Troubleshooting DAS systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, Visio, and iBwave drawings.
- Ability to read and understand project schedules, experience with MS Project is a plus
- Thorough understanding of OTDR, Spectrum Analyzer (Anritsu), Signal Generator and similar test equipment.
- Thorough understanding of CAT 5/ Fiber/ Coax (1/2″+) installation
- Has in-depth knowledge of construction engineering work processes.
- Must be capable of construction planning, execution and cost control.
- Must be capable of developing effective technical solutions to the field problems.
- Requires strong anticipation and communication skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- The job requires extended period field assignment, work in outside field environment, frequent walking and climbing required to perform the job activities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Background check will be performed to include driving violations, criminal and drug-related incidents
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: DAS CM & DAS Director
Job Type: Full-time
- Allentown, PA
- DAS Head End cabinet and rack wiring: 3 years
- DC Power/Power Plants (Emerson, Alpha, etc.): 3 years
- DAS: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Sweep Testing
- Fiber Testing
- PIM Testing