TRM is a telecommunications general contracting company that services the North East. Our office out of Hanover, Maryland is in need of Telecommunications technicians, specifically climbers. We are looking for individuals with climbing experience to join our team for a long-term, full-time, career opportunity. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and a knowledgeable senior staff offering great training. We offer some of the industries best benefits and a competitive market wage. Job requirements and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment;
- Report to Tower Foreman for day-to-day activities
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and word
- Ability to work outside in all elements, including but not limited to snow, rain and extreme temperatures
- Traveling extensively throughout Maryland/DC/Virginia/Pennsylvania
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0 to 1 years of industry experience.
- Must be Com Trained or willing to be trained and certified to climb towers and work long hours`
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment
- Possession of a valid driver license.
- All Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.