30-40 mile radius from Hudson, NH
Responsibilities can include
- Assisting a Crew/Team lead with daily installation and maintenance responsibilities.
- INstallation responsibilities can include, but are not limited to: Switch/Router installations, Fiber Optics Splicing, DC power/ Alarm cabling, etc. (See Page 2 for more details)
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail: self-starter and team player.
- Must have basic computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Responsible for job paperwork and documentation; turn in all safety reports and closeouts in a timely fashion, including Daily Reports and Daily Time Reporting.
- Ability to work outside in all elements, including but not limited to snow, rail and varying temperatures.
- Vehicle Maintenance and Upkeep.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Must have experience adhering to schedules, following instructions, self-performing duties and working with professionalism with team members, clients, contractors and vendors.
- Some industry experience required, and a drive to grow for and with TRM.
- Current industry certifications are a plus, but not a requirement. ( TRM will provide a set list of industry certifications that they will provide)
- Must maintain a clean background and driving record. Employees may be drug tested randomly at the discretion of TRM.
- TRM will provide all Safety and First AID/CPR training, in-house
- Ability to read and understand CD’s, Fiber Build Plans, and follow a customer supplied MOP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company coals and objectives
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities. Ability to work multiple shifts and away from home
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity & Electronics Theory
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Coax and CAT3/5e/6 Cable Terminations and Testing
- Fiber Optic Splicing and Testing (OTDR, Loss Testing)
- Script Loading or Various Network Electronics, including Switches/Routers/Rectifiers
- Electrical Experience is a Plus, Installation of Inner-Duct, Conduit and Cabinets
- DAS Experience is a Plus, Installation of DAS components and testing requirements
- Desire to expand knowledge base and skills through on-site training as well as training by various manufacturers, trainers, contractors and team members
Technician to assist in the installation of all aspects of wireless backhaul, grounding, conduits, and DC electrical installations where applicable
- Installation of Various Models of Switches and Routers per the Manufacture and Client Guidelines
- Understand and abide by TRM installation guidelines and procedure
- Installation of Rack Equipment, including Shelf’s, PDU’s, Converter’s, etc.
- Understanding and abiding by General Grounding Standards set by the Client and TRM Protocol
- Installation of Telco/Electrical Conduits, including Trenching and Above Ground
- Installation of Tyco and FDP Splice Enclosures
- Fusion Splicing of single and Ribbon SM and MM Fiber
- Fiber Scoping, Loss Testing, Metering, and OTDR Testing of SM and MM Fibers for Various Networks
- Fiber Cleaning Procedures per Client and In-House methods
- Must adhere to and have and understanding of company policy and procedures including EOD reporting and recordkeeping
- Direct responsibility for tool inventor and upkeep daily on the job site.
- Work independently at given tasks
Ensure Safety at all times; including all aspects of PPE per the TRM Safety Program Guidelines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability requires to move onto a Level II Technician Position. Skill sets are not limited to the above list of responsibilities, but would be considered a minimum recommendation to consider to achieve a set goal to further your knowledge and reach a Level II Technician Status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.