TRM is a telecommunications general contracting company that services the North East. Our office out of Hanover, Maryland is in need of Telecommunications technicians, specifically lead climbers. We are looking for individuals with climbing experience to join our team for a long-term, full-time, career opportunity. This opportunity is for senior climbers with experience leading and working in and on a team. This is a Tower Lead opening. This position offers great potential for growth, a stable environment, and the potential for a long-term lucrative career. We also have some of the industries best benefits and offer a competitive market wage. Job requirements and responsibilities are outlined below.
- Installs maintain, repair, remove or retrofit wireless network antenna systems (e.g. antennas, microwave dishes, feed lines, ice shields, etc.).
- Tower climbing, rigging, stacking self-support towers, install waveguide, antennas, microwave dishes, FCC lighting and cable ladders etc.
- Must be able to perform Anritsu sweep testing, PIM testing, fiber optic testing, and laptop down tilt procedures.
- Capable of identifying essential materials and tools to carry out the scope of work.
- Transports heavy equipment and materials to work locations including remote areas to perform functions of the job using appropriate vehicles (e.g. 4-wheel drive vehicle, trailer, tractor, forklift, etc.).
- Maintains compliance with all, OSHA and customer-specific safety procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining all tools, vehicles, and equipment assigned to this function.
- Prioritize and organize work to maximize time efficiency with given deadlines.
- Work as a part of a team with the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships/communication within a small group of co-workers.
- Accurately complete travel expense reports and time sheets.
- Maintain and organize crew trucks.
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced team members.
- Effective planning and scheduling.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Current Com Train or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue Certification Required
- Must be able to travel within the Maryland/DC/Virginia/Pennsylvania region
- OSHA 10hr certification a plus
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, PIM Test gear, Commscope, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment.
- Must maintain a level of excellence supervising the quality of work performed by the crew.
- Valid driver’s license and be able to pass a driving record check.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Windows products and databases
- Must have Experience installing waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes.
- Must have and maintain a high level of excellence in crew safety, quality of work and team mindset
- Highly organized and be able to effectively report verbally and written reports back to the Project Manager
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. on a regular basis
- All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.